Friday, September 26, 2008

The Imperials - Free The Fire

By S. Miner (SC, USA)
Building on the success of their previous album ("This Year's Model"), "Free the Fire" keeps rocking with lots of tasty tracks and fine production by Bill Schnee. I was fortunate to see The Imperials on TV during this era...you could see how much fun they were having doing this music. My favorite songs on "Fire" are the title track,"Wild Geese", "City in the Sky", "You","Let it Go" and "Better than I know Myself". This album was a pleasant discovery for me when it came out. I had just become a Christian and was happy that the saved could rock as well as anybody. The vocals produced by this line-up of The Imperials are impressive: a wonderful blend of vocal styles. I still listen to this CD all the time!...

Continue Reading at this Christian Music Review

No comments: